VDI Linux Engineer
- Opdracht status
- Deze opdracht is gesloten
This position is opened for 6 months (possibility of extension)
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
The engineering IT services Software (EIS-SW) group within ASML is responsible for the development environments (software and hardware) used by ASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (more than 2000 developers within multiple departments).
In order to provide the software development community at ASML with a great VDI we are looking for engineers to join the team. Together with your VDI team you will be responsible for the end-to-end development, delivery, and support of the VDI service for over 3500, and growing, software developers.
As an engineer in our VDI team you will be:
- Part of an Agile DevOps team, where you get to design, develop, and deliver new features while maintaining consistent performance of our VDI service.
- Interacting directly with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge of our product.
- Empowered to make autonomous decisions with your team, and challenge your product owner, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
The VDI stack consist of Citrix and VMware, development and deployment is done using Puppet, git, Terraform, and Jenkins. We are running over 2000 Linux VDIs and are looking to expand the Linux stack and provide Windows VDIs.
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- You are a skilled Linux Engineer.
- You have an automation/config management mindset (Knowledge of Puppet, Terraform, and Packer is a pre)
- Preferably you have experience with delivering Linux VDIs.
- You have good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
From a personal perspective, you are customer focused, accustomed to context switching in a fast paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
ASML Nederland B.V.
ASML provides chipmakers with everything they need - hardware, software and services - to mass produce patterns on silicon, helping to increase the value and lower the cost of a chip. Their key technology is the lithography system, which brings together high-tech hardware and advanced software to control the chip manufacturing process down to the nanometer.
ASML has 19,000 employees worldwide. We are headquartered in Veldhoven (The Netherlands) and have over 60 offices in 16 countries.